RESIDENTIAL BURST OR LEAKING PIPES CLEANUP SERVICES
The winter months bring colder weather, and with it an increased chance of a common and costly problem-water pipe bursts. When temperatures plummet, water expands as it turns into ice and can exert enough pressure to rupture a pipe wall or break apart a pipe joint. Whether made of PVC, plastic, iron, lead or copper, pipes of any material can burst.
What Happens When A Pipe Bursts?
If a pipe bursts it will spill several hundred gallons of water per hour and can cause the homeowner thousands of dollars in damages. As soon as you realize a pipe has burst you need to take immediate action by calling your local ServiceMaster Restore®.
These locations are prone to freezing pipes:
- Outside walls
- Under a sink
- Unheated crawlspace
Cold or warm climates, pipes can freeze due to:
- Quick drops in temperature
- Poor insulation
- Thermostats set too low
- A 1/8-inch crack in a pipe can spew up to 250 gallons of water a day, causing flooding, serious structural damage and the immediate potential for mold.
Here's how you can prevent water pipe bursts during cold weather:
- Let cold water drip from faucets served by exposed pipes during periods of extreme cold
- Open cabinets to allow heat to warm pipes
- Use spigot covers to protect exterior faucets
When a pipe bursts, we're on the job.
At ServiceMaster Restore, we know how devastating an event such as burst pipes and flooding can be, and we strive to clean up the mess and get your household back to normal in no time.
Our proven process:
- Quickly identify the problem area and start the repair process right away
- Dry your home from top to bottom including plaster walls, hardwood floors, carpets and more
- Guide you every step of the way and always keep you up to date
Our burst pipe water recovery services include:
- Water damage restoration
- Drying, dehumidification and water extraction
- Document drying and recovery
- Mold remediation
- Carpet, rug and upholstery cleaning
- And much more
Don't let a burst pipe burst your bubble.
Call the experts at ServiceMaster Restore right away.